Saturday, July 22, 2006

Murphy Was An Optimist

Murphy's Law states that "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong, at the worst possible time"

The corollary of Murphy's Law is "Murphy was an optimist."

My faith in Murphy's Law has once again been confirmed. At 2:00 Thursday afternoon, the movers informed me that they had too small a truck, and would have to leave a number of the large pieces of furniture until they could get back with another (small) truck -- ON SUNDAY.

Unfortunately, the buyers of the house planned on moving in on Friday afternoon. The end result (after much "conversation" with the mover) was that I went to a truck rental place and rented a truck for 4 days (I don't move into the new house until Monday).

I have a pretty good chance that the movers will end up paying all or part of the rental, but even if I end up eating the whole cost, it's minimal (about $600).

But, we got it done, and the closing went smoothly. So, we're now officially homeless until our closing on Monday. Once house down, and one to go!

Look at the bright side - at least we're not in Las Vegas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything is very open with a precise clarification
of the challenges. It was really informative.
Your site is extremely helpful. Thanks for sharing!

Feel free to visit my page Lose wegiht