Want to be notified when a new article is posted? Entere your email here.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Dad punches out teacher's aide accused of molesting daughter

This is off the usual Financial Rounds beaten trail, but it made my day nonetheless:
An angry father who marched into a classroom and punched a teacher's assistant in the face said Wednesday he was protecting his 15-year-old daughter, who had accused the man of inappropriately touching her.

...
The Tampa radio station that named him ``Father of the Year'' offered him and his family tickets for the Daytona 500 race.

``If some other parents would do this, maybe some of these pedophiles would crawl back under rocks where they belong,'' Swafford said.

Read the whole thing here.

Since I have a little girl, I like to think I'd do the same. If anyone finds a place where we can make a donation, let me know.

Update: Turns out that I was in error - it looks like the girl's accusation might have been made up. So, while I applaud the father standing up for his little girl, he should have waited a day before punching him. Then, if the evidence against the guy held up, he could go at it with a clear conscience. I'd also say that the girl should have some serious consequences for her actions.

HT: Rhymes With Right

No comments: