Saturday, December 09, 2006

Weekend Link Dump

Looks like the end of the semester is just around the corner. My investment fund students did their presentation to the advisory board this week and acquitted themselves pretty well. My investments class has one final meeting, and then the exam. I'll have to grade about 20 investment analysis projects, but that comes with the turf.

I figured out a number of things I need to change in both classes next semester, which always happens the first time I teach a class. So all in all, it seems like I'll survive my first semester without serious damage to either me, my colleagues, or my students.

I've got some writing to do (as always). But in the meantime, here are some links to keep y'all busy.
John Carney at Dealbreaker has a piece on how PE firms are starting to get loans with fewer (or even no) covenants. It's a good example of how PE firms get to interact with credit markets on different terms than do traditional companies.

In a second related PE piece, the Boston Globe seems surprised that bondholders often lose in PE deals. Maybe they should have thought of that when they put the covenants together.

Mike Moffatt at About Economics has a nice explanation on how markets use information to set prices.

Joe Carter at Evangelical Outpost has put up another installment of his Yak Shaving Razor series. This one's the "How To" edition.

And last but not least, the Phantom Professor has a link to a very cool video on Post-Its - it reminds me of old-style ClayMation.
That's all for now, folks. Enjoy.

Tonight we take the clan walking down the main street of our town - they've done up the store fronts with lights and decorations, and there are cheese, cider, and carriage rides to be had.

No comments: