Want to be notified when a new article is posted? Entere your email here.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Alumni Networks Matter

Ever wonder how much impact a school's alumni network has on career success? In the world of Wall Street, apparently quite a lot. In this article, DealBook reports on the school connections of major Wall Times figures. Apparently, there's a lot of "school clusters".

If you want to see a pretty cool visual of the relationships, click here (it comes up small, but click on the image to enlarge it).

You could interpret the relationships as anecdotal evidence that networks matter. But I think it's just as likely that these top schools are the major producers of future "masters of the universe". So it's not surprising to see a lot of big form Wharton (for one example) or Harvard (for another).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a data of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable knowledge about unpredicted feelings.


Visit my weblog - http://www.aavso.org/

Anonymous said...

My brother recommended I would possibly like this website.

He was once entirely right. This put up actually made my day.
You can not consider simply how much time I had spent for this information!
Thank you!

Look into my website: discuss

Anonymous said...

What i do not realize is if truth be told how you are not really much more
smartly-liked than you might be right now. You're very intelligent. You recognize therefore significantly on the subject of this matter, produced me individually imagine it from so many varied angles. Its like men and women aren't interested unless it is something to accomplish with
Girl gaga! Your individual stuffs great. Always maintain it up!


Here is my weblog :: weight loss boss

Anonymous said...

It's perfect time to make some plans for the future and it's time to be happy.
I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest
you some interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write next
articles referring to this article. I wish to read more things about it!


Here is my webpage: golf cart - http://gojini.com/blogs/34835/5589/10-golf-gifts-for-dad -