Want to be notified when a new article is posted? Entere your email here.

Thursday, May 08, 2008

How To Think

Can your teach people how to think more creatively (or effectively)?

Ed Boyden, assistant professor at MIT thinks he can:

When I applied for my faculty job at the MIT Media Lab, I had to write a teaching statement. One of the things I proposed was to teach a class called "How to Think," which would focus on how to be creative, thoughtful, and powerful in a world where problems are extremely complex, targets are continuously moving, and our brains often seem like nodes of enormous networks that constantly reconfigure. In the process of thinking about this, I composed 10 rules, which I sometimes share with students. I've listed them here, followed by some practical advice on implementation.

No comments: