They say you should value having sex for the first time. That’s why I’m auctioning my virginity online—and the bidding is up to $3.8 million.
When I put my virginity up for auction in September, it was in part a sociological experiment—I wanted to study the public's response. Now it seems that the tables have turned, and the public is studying me.
You can read the whole thing here. Since i just had my third cup of coffee, a few random neurons started firing, and a few random thoughts popped out (my good friends would argue that "random" describe most of my thoughts). I realize that some of them are a bit finance-geekish, but if you don't like them, you're welcome to start your own blog:
- Wasn't there a punchline going something like ",,, now we're just haggling over terms", and a movie about this?
- I don't think I'll show this to the Unknown Daughter. I read somewhere that a dad's first obligation to his daughters is to keep her off the "stripper's pole". Hey dad - you failed.
- For some reason, I'm thinking about the issuance of overvalued securities.
- There are probably some good applications of behavioral finance and auction theory here. However, I'm not going there.
- Clientele effects are not just for dividends
- "Hot" vs. "cold" issue markets
- There's a moral-hazard spin in here somewhere
That's all I have for now. Feel free to add your comments. But remember, this is a (mostly) family-friendly and safe-for-work blog.