Monday, December 27, 2010

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow.

It Looks like the Unknown Family is pretty much shoveled out - I just got finished up removing about 15 inches of global warming from my driveway.

We did the family visit thing as usual this year, with Christmas Eve at my sister's house and Christmas Day at The Unknown Wife's family. They live in an adjoining state, but it's only about 2 hours away, so we did the day trip thing (and slept in our own beds).

Luckily, we got back before the snow started. Given my aging back (a legacy from my father, apparently), I prefer to shovel lighter amounts of snow multiple times rather than do one large one after it's over. So, I was in and out all day yesterday (about 3 times all together). Then I finished it off today. I love being in New England, but it has its costs.

Tomorrow I get back to the gym. For whatever reason, this semester has turned me into a morning person. In September, I found myself waking up at 4 a.m.. The Unknown Wife works out every day from 6-7 at the Y, so I thought I'd got from 5-6 (that way I can be back in time to watch the kids. So, I've been rising at 4:30 every day and putting in about a hour workout. I'm planning on doing a lot of cycling this summer - at least one century (my first) and a handful of 50-60 milers. The first 50 miler takes place on Memorial Day weekend, so I want to be ready to roll once the roads clear up and the weather warms. I've been putting in about 45 minutes to an hour each morning at the YMCA on the stationary bike, along with some light weightlifting several times a week. Except for a few extra holiday pounds, I'm probably at the same fitness level now that I usually am in June. So, I'm optimistic.

As for now, the driveway's clear, and it's time to get back to my office to get some work done - data to crunch, papers to edit, syllabi to write, and graduate students to torture.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I simply at this point accomplished time for it to this kind of exceptional internet site a little earlier known as. Mainly because for any great and primarily made use of with all the portion of assets showcasing this specific. Huge thumbs additional around create this kind of excellent web site web site! weed online canada

Anonymous said...

I concur with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your future updates. Thanks a lot and keep on posting more valuable information. Kitchen Appliances sydney australia

Anonymous said...

I just now enjoy ones integrated wash distinct sub-market. Ones tile could be marazzi organization at home depot which has a good ole' pebble stress stripe used around the water and also soap distinct sub-market, wash wall structure framework, and also self-importance backsplash. Σταματης Ζαχαρος

Anonymous said...

I stumbled onto your website ideal for the specifications. It provides wonderful and also important information. I've obtained comprehend nearly all and also acquired a good deal from their store. apartments for rent in pompano beach

Anonymous said...

I'd like to thanks towards the pursuits a person generate although submitting this write-up. I'm hoping for the best run in the identical via a particular person inside of long lasting. harga pintu baja

Anonymous said...

I've obtained browsed all-around an individual website plus your run is extremely effective and also good intended for the developers. cannabis business plan sample Canada

Anonymous said...

My spouse and i seriously favorite examining your site. It was incredibly authored and also clear to see. Unlike additional internet websites, I've obtained comprehend which may be honestly unfavorable in this manner. Cheers a good deal! Cannabis business plan template

Anonymous said...

My spouse and i seriously treasured this write-up. It really is honestly brilliant. Mcdougal may be somewhat adept. As i reasonably take advantage of the probability to read this type of information on this website. hemp cbd business plansample