Sunday, February 13, 2005

Welcome to my corner of the Blogosphere

Hi all! I figured I'd start out with a short post that explains what FinancialRounds is all about, and why you might want to come back from time to time:
  • First, it's a "team blog", which means that it will (eventually) have a number of people who post material to the site.
  • Second, it's a window into the world of academics from the perspective of business school faculty who (primarily) teach finance - both undergraduate and graduate
  • Finally, it's intended as a resource for finance faculty who want to bring the "real world" into the classroom. As it evolves, it will have links to current events and recent research that can be discussed in the classroom.
As for me, I'm an (untenured, but hopefully not for long) assistant professor who teaches primarily corporate finance. I graduated with my "plumbers' licence" (Ph.D. to those not in the guild) in the late 1990's. For now, since I'm untenured, I'll keep myself anonymous except to my close friends.

If you want to see what I aspire to, check out Jim Mahar's FinanceProfessor.com or The Professor of the Vines, also known as Steve Bainbridge at Professorbainbridge.com. Of course, the master at this is Glenn Reynolds at Instapundit I think he must get about 4 hours of sleep a night (or type really, really fast).

Hope to see you soon.

No comments: