Saturday, October 01, 2005

Oh Boy! $9 1/2 Million!

Thought this was humorous. What makes it funny is that it came to my "unknownprofessor@hotmail.com" address. I added bold type for emphasis.

ATTN:FROM THE DESK OF:ALEXANDER OLAWALE
Alexander Olawale & Associates
No. 54 Broad Street, Lagos.

Hello,

I am Barrister Alex Olawale a solicitor at law.The personal attorney to a late foriegn expatriate who hails from your country and shares the same last name with you.This is an urgent and very confidential business proposition.

On the 6th of May, 2002 it was reported to us that my Client, his wife and their only daughter were involved in a Local Plane Crash at Kano state,enroute Abuja (The Capital City) all occupants in the Plane lost their lives,unfortunately on this same flight were other dignitaries like the Sports Minister and a host of others.

Since then I have made several enquiries to your embassy to locate any of my clients extended relatives this has also proved unsuccessful.After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to track his last name over the Internet, to locate any member of his family hence I contacted you.

I contacted you to assist in claiming this fund from the finance house where he deposited it before his untimely death.

The finance company where t he deceased had an account valued at about USD$9.5million dollars has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or have the account confisicated within the next ten official working days.

Since I have been unsuccesfull in locating the relatives for over 3years now I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased since you have the same last name so that the proceeds of this account valued at USD$9.5 million dollars can be paid to you as the next of kin.

All I need is your full maximum suport and cooperation to enable us achieve this transaction within 10 working days and I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect
you from any breach of the law.
If you are interested in this transaction, kindly furnish me with your full name, address, private telephone and fax numbers to enable us commence immediately.

Best regards,
Barrister Alexander Olawale.
Does that mean that there was someone with the last name "Professor"?

Since I'm making fun of it, I guess it means I won't get my money. However, I'm willing to sell my right to the money to any interested party for a reasonable offer.

No comments: