Saturday, July 29, 2006

Saturday Linkfest

The last week I've only had a few minutes here and there to get online. So, I've mostly been marking interesting item for later use to keep my bloglines account from exploding out of control. Since my home is presently a mess, I figured I could at least do some cleaning out of my account. So, from the finance/business side of the blogosphere:
Abnormal Returns talks about the problems with benchmarking and "Radical Diversification "

Equity Private has another great analogy - this time between Narcotrafficing and Private Equity. And the Debt Bitch puts in another memorable appearance here (always worth reading).

Jack Sielieski of the Accounting Observer tells companies to Stop Giving Earnings Guidance.

The always-worth-a-read James Hamilton at Econbrowser has a primer on the the expectations hypothesis and its relationship to the yield curve. I wish I could explain things half as well as him.

Dan Melson at Searchlight Crusade discusses Zero Cost Loans, Good Faith Estimates, and Truth In Lending And APRs.
And from the non-business side of things:
Floyd Landis was accused of doping following his Tour-de France win. Lynne Kiesling provides some statistical commentary on these tests.

Alex Tabarrok of Marginal Revolution gives us the market for butts.

From the Onion: Professor Pressured To Sleep With Student For Good Course Evaluation.
Ah - I feel much better now.

No comments: