Tuesday, January 16, 2007

On The Road Again (part 2)

We made it to Philadelphia without incident, but unfortunately the Ronald McDonald House was full. So, we had to stay down the street (we still got a reduced rate - just not as cheap as we would have had at the RMH).

After we checked in to the hotel, we went to the RMH so the kids could unwind for a bit. Then tomorrow, we get his injection. Since I'm working feverishly on a paper to present at the FMA (our national conference), I'll probably camp out for the rest of the day at the UPENN library so I can have access to journals I might need. It's sad - no matter how much time I have, it always seems to come down to the last minute for conference papers. The good news is that we have some nice results, and with luck my Ph.D. student coauthor will have his first "good" conference presentation to put on his vita.

In the meanwhile, here are a few links to keep you busy:
This week's Carnival of the Capitalists is up at Endless Gibberish. I'm pressed for time, so no pick of the week this time.

Mark Hurlburt notes that the January Effect is now 22-2 over the last 24 years.

Irwin Kellner of MarketWatch asks whether the inverted yield curve is bad news of good.

Finally, they had ice in Portland and Seattle. Click here to watch what happens when you mix ice with drivers who aren't used to driving in winter conditions. But don't if you're an insurance agent like my brother - it's too painful.
Enough blogging. Time to put the kids to bed.

No comments: