I made another step toward clearing out my backlog of unfinished papers today. I had a small project that's been in the works for a couple of years. For some reason, it kept getting pushed to the back burner by one coauthor or another (and more often than not, it was me doing the pushing).
This week, we finally said "enough", and we did the necesary work to finish the darn thing. I just finished the "final" rewrite and sent it to my coauthors. All they need to do is check to make sure that the sections I rewrote don't have any serious errors (grammatical or otherwise). So, it should get submitted sometime this week. All in all, it makes for a pretty good start to Spring Break.
And that will bring me up to three papers under review (all submitted this semester). Then I'll be in compliance with Mungo's Rule.
As an aside, the paper that got rejected earlier this week has already been sent out to another journal.
And as a reward, I think I'll check out the matinee showing of The 300 tomorrow.