Thursday, March 08, 2007

An Easy Day

Wednesday was my last night teaching CFA prep for the spring. This is great news, since between prep time, teaching, and traveling, I probably get an additional 15-20 hours of "free" time a week from here on out (it seems like a lot of time, but most of the time costs were because of prep time since it's the first time I'm teaching it and I'm neurotic that way).

The money was great, and getting to talk with so many varied people in industry was extremely enlightening, but I'm just realizing now how much of a drain it was both on my time and on my body (the lack of sleep was probably a big contributing factor to my being sick for the entire month of February). Next time around it should be much easier, since most of the curriculum stays unchanged from year to year.

Today was a bit of an off day. I went in to the office to get some things done for class tomorrow, but mostly I did some organizing and cleaning up. Now that I can see my desk again, I'm eager to focus on my research for the rest of of the semester. I have two conferences to go to (the Eastern Finance Association meeting in New Orleans in Late April and the R.I.S.E. Symposium in late March, but other than that, I don't have a lot of constraints on my time.

My goal is to get two more papers under review by the end of the semester and one other working paper completed. It's a doable goal since I should be done with the final edits on a paper within the next week or so, and I've got also got another in its final stages.

On a lighter note, the Unknown Wife and I took the Unknown Kids' to a movie night at their school tonight. It was loud, but good. Just picture 150 1st-4th graders in a gym watching "Open Season" and you'll get the picture.

No comments: