Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thursday Link Dump

It's been a good week. I'm slowly getting over the creeping crud in my lungs, my classes are on track, and some exciting things are happening at Unknown University. A number of my undergrads are interested in forming a self-study group in the fall to work towards taking the CFA Level 1 exam in December. The dean has agreed to provide funding for both the required reading AND a set of the self-instructional materials from one of the major vendors --we're in the process of redesigning our finance curriculum to bring it more in line with the CFA program, and this fits perfectly. So, I may end up the unofficial advisor to the newest student organization in the college.

In the meanwhile, here are a few links to keep you busy and off the streets (bedsides -- it's too damn cold up here to go outside):
Flexo at Consumerism Commentary posted about a guy who's made some money suing telemarketers in small claims court. I love the idea.

Dealbook questions whether initial PE buyout bids are being raised or not. And in a related piece, BusinessWeek.com notes that competing bids seem to be on the rise.

The math department at Polytechnic University has some great advice on how to solve problems. They're right on the money for finance students as well as for math students. (HT: Craig Newmark).
Given that I finally have some energy, I decided not to waste any more of it today on blogging. So enough blogging - time to do some research.

No comments: