Want to be notified when a new article is posted? Entere your email here.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Friday Link Dump

As we close out yet another week, I'm still buried. So, here are the links for today.
DealBook reports on a study that shows that so-called private equity flips (i.e. taking a firm private and then bringing it back to public status in a short period) fails to much shareholder value.

In another article, Dealbook reports on how private equity has created a lot of job opportunities for CFOs.

Professorbainbridge.com tells us how much of the focus on corporate governance is misplaced -- agency costs aren't the be-all and end-all they're made out to be.

Larry Ribstein at Ideoblog points out the first article on Backdating by law profs (there've been quite a few by finance folks).

From the WSJ -- my addiction just got more expensive (by $0.05 a dose). Ah well, I'll still get my StarCrack.
Enough for now - back to work.

Update (9/24): Somehow, I must have hit the wrong button - I inadvertantly saved this as a draft rather than publishing it. So, the links are a few days out of date. I must need more coffee.

No comments: