Want to be notified when a new article is posted? Entere your email here.

Friday, November 17, 2006

TGIF Link Dump

It's the weekend at last. Well, not really, since I have enough work to make it necessary for me to come in to my office Satuday (and probably Sunday, too). But at least classes are done. And next week I have an exam in one class and a review in the other. And then Thanksgiving.

Hopefully, the light schedule for next week will allow me to catch up a bit. The first semester at a new school is always a bit hectic, and this one certainly ran true to form.

In any event, here are today's links:
CXO Advisory group reviews some academic research on "synthetic hedge funds"

JLP at AllFinancialMatters has a short tutorial on how to get refreshable stock quotes in an Excell spreadsheet.

The traditional hedge fund compensation is "2 and 20" (i.e. a 2% annual fee of aasets under management and 20% of the profits). The NY Times Online reports on a hedge fund that has a very different compensation structure-0 ti's based on performance over multi-year windows.

The NYT also has another article where they profile a paper by Bebchuck, Grinstein, and Peyer. It indicates that options backdating wasn't just limited to high-tech firms. there was also a lot of it going on at old-line companies. HT: Jim Mahar at Financeprofessor.com.
Enough blogging. Back to research or no soup for you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I almost never write remarks, but i did a few searching and wound up here "TGIF Link Dump".
And I actually do have a couple of questions for you if it's allright. Could it be simply me or does it give the impression like a few of the remarks look like left by brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are writing at other social sites, I would like to follow everything new you have to post. Could you list of every one of your public sites like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

My blog post :: just click the following internet site