Friday, April 15, 2005

Have Identity Thieves Been Spying On your Wi-Fi

David Kirkpatrick has an interesting (and unsettling) article in Fortune Magazine, titled "Identity Thieves Spying on Your WiFi?" where he thinks someone has been tampering with his computer files.

Every time I boot up my laptop at home in my suburban neighborhood, it registers no fewer than three other networks. One of them hasn't bothered to encrypt his network, so if mine goes down, I use his. The other night, I took out my laptop, drove around the block and found almost a dozen networks, of which 4 were unencrypted.

So, check yours to make sure you haven't left yourself wide open.

1 comment:

Andrea Robertson said...

He is no scam,i tested him and he delivered a good job,he helped me settle bank loans,he also helped my son upgrade his scores at high school final year which made him graduate successfully and he gave my son free scholarship into the college,all i had to do was to settle the bills for the tools on the job,i used $500 to get a job of over $50000 done all thanks to Walt,he saved me from all my troubles,sharing this is how i can show gratitude in return for all he has done for me and my family

Gmail; Brillianthackers800@gmail.com
Whatsapp number; +1(224)2140835