Sunday, November 06, 2005

Blogging - Light

Blogging's been light because I made the mistake of upgrading Firefox (at which point it ceased working). So, no internet availability until I deleted every last trace Firefox from my system then reinstalled it. Finally, I'm back up and running.

But, yesterday also had it's bright spots - The Unknown Wife went to a ladies retreat at our church that took all day, so I got to spend a lot of time with the Unknown Son (age 7) and the Unknown Daughter (age 5). After morning swimming (actually, more like "splashing") lessons, we went to see Wallace and Gromit - the Curse of the Were-Rabbit. I'd recommend the film to anyone looking for a smart kids movie. There were a couple of scary parts that resulted in my daughter ending up in my lap (she didn't catch the satire), but in general it was pretty good.

Some of my friends are huge W&G fans. Now I can see why - the movie is ostensibly written for kids, but there's a whole other level of humor playing out that's aimed at grownups - like in the Veggie Tales or Shrek videos. This one looks like a keeper to actually buy for the collection.

In case you'd like to see more Wallace and Gromit, there's a DVD of short films out - Wallace & Gromit's Cracking Contraptions.

No comments: