Monday, May 21, 2007

A Day With The Unknown Kids

Unknown Wife had her birthday yesterday (and no, I won't tell which one - I'm not stupid). So, her sister came down Friday, stayed overnight, spent the day helping Unknown Wife do some decorating and organizing on Saturday (she's a whiz at both), and then whisked her away to a bed and breakfast in a nearby town for the night, followed by a day of sightseeing.

My job was to take the kids off her hands while she played with her sister and to buy the usual birthday tribute/swag. I gave the kids the challenge of figuring out something for each sense, and here's what they came up with:
  • Flowers (sight)
  • Perfume (smell)
  • A card (hearing - they read it)
  • Chocolate (nuff said)
  • A hug (touch).
All in all, not bad.

As for me, when it's my turn I'm hoping for a new flat panel monitor and some slack...

No comments: