Tuesday, June 12, 2007

On The Road Again...

I'll be out of town for a few days (in Washington) meeting with some coauthors to work on a number of projects. They'll probably work me pretty hard, so blogging will likely be light until Saturday.

But it's not like I'm getting paid for this, so I don't feel too bad.

Now I have to suck up to (er, that is, er "meet") with the head of the alumni board and the VP of advancement (the university's fund raising area). We're trying to get more money out of them for our student managed investment fund. We're hoping that we can convince the alumni to let us "charge" a management fee that we can then use to fund some finance-related student activities (like scholarships for CFA study materials, sending a couple of student each year to the RISE Forum at the U. of Dayton, and so on).

update: The meeting went pretty well. Looks like our students might be getting some money. Woo Hoo!

No comments: