Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Our Students Are Still Ahead - But Monkyes Are Closing The Gap

I often tell my students that giving an idiot a financial calculator merely gives you a faster idiot.

I also tell them setup is the key to solving problems - you can train a monkey to push buttons on a calculator - just give him a banana.

Now it turns out that my analogy wasn't fair - monkeys are surprisingly good at mental math.

Unfortunately, my students aren't - once you take away their calculators, they're in trouble.

1 comment:

Eliana Russell said...

Thank you for sharing such valuable insights in your informative blog. Your expertise has provided invaluable knowledge and inspiration to your readers. Craft compelling content with BookMyEssay's Article Writing Assignment Help Service Service. Expert assistance guaranteed to enhance your writing prowess!