Sunday, April 22, 2007

Back From EFA And Back To Work

I'm back from the Eastern Finance Association (EFA) Meeting, and (as usual) have more things to do than time to do them in the last week of the semester. There are papers to grade, exams to write, classes to wrap up, and a major presentation this week that still needs a lot of work.

The EFA conference comes at an inconvenient time - right at the end of the semester. But it's still good to get away for a few days. This particular conference is always good - after a few years, you end up knowing most of the regulars involved, and it's fun catching up with old friends (and making new ones). I saw a couple of good presentations, presented some work of my own, and discussed another paper. And I even spent a few hours working with coauthors on a research project. It seems fitting, since we got the idea in the bar (after a few beers) at last year's conference. It should be done pretty quickly, since one of the coauthors goes up for tenure in a year. So there will be a lot of incentive to work fast. As my advisor was foond of saying, "I don't work well under deadlines. But without them, I don't work at all."

So, with all the stuff on my plate for this week, blogging might be light for a few days. And on that note, back to work.

No comments: