Thursday, January 26, 2006

Dad punches out teacher's aide accused of molesting daughter

This is off the usual Financial Rounds beaten trail, but it made my day nonetheless:
An angry father who marched into a classroom and punched a teacher's assistant in the face said Wednesday he was protecting his 15-year-old daughter, who had accused the man of inappropriately touching her.

...
The Tampa radio station that named him ``Father of the Year'' offered him and his family tickets for the Daytona 500 race.

``If some other parents would do this, maybe some of these pedophiles would crawl back under rocks where they belong,'' Swafford said.

Read the whole thing here.

Since I have a little girl, I like to think I'd do the same. If anyone finds a place where we can make a donation, let me know.

Update: Turns out that I was in error - it looks like the girl's accusation might have been made up. So, while I applaud the father standing up for his little girl, he should have waited a day before punching him. Then, if the evidence against the guy held up, he could go at it with a clear conscience. I'd also say that the girl should have some serious consequences for her actions.

HT: Rhymes With Right

No comments: