Saturday, January 21, 2006

Resolution Update - Week 3

Here's the latest in the continuing saga of my New Year's resolutions.

First off, not so good this week on getting up at 6:00 every day. I only got up by the deadline on 2 out of 7 days, and got up two other days by 6:30. I think a big part of the problem is that I get caught up in programming for this project (the one with the looming deadline) at night and won't be able to sleep until I'm done (or at least too tired to keep my eyes open).

On a related vein, my sleep resolution's loss has been my research resolution's gain. I had no "zero days, and averaged almost 3 hours a day on research (even with the waste-of-time beginning of semester meetings).

As far as my exercise resolution, I worked out five times this week. I bought a pair of tights and a good windbreaker so I could ride outside. Dang-- 35 degrees feels like Siberia when you're riding a bike. Luckily, the temperature was in the high 50's by the end of the week. It's going back to the 30's and 40's next week, but at least I got in some good rides (an 8 miler today) before the temperature goes back down.

Unfortunately, the weight is unchanged.

Now I've reached the "can't keep my eyes open" stage, so it's good night.

No comments: